Creating a flag of solidarity for Facebook or using our Facebook profiles to showing support for good causes.
The horrors of heterosis attacks shakes the whole world and the bombings in Paris and Belgian were truly frightening
We can show our support for others on social media by updating our profile pics in support of countries and organisations.
When Paris was attacked people across the world took to Facebook to overlay their profiles with the French flag. Today, we overlay our profiles with the Belgian Flag and here is a quick guide to how we do it.
For this quick tip we are using GetPaint.net as its an easy tool to use for editing images but all image editing tools will work in much the same way.
- Download the Belgian Flag to your pc – find an image on a website (check copyright), right click and select > copy image.
- Go to Paint.net – File new > paste.
- Resize/crop it to 250px x 250px and save as .png format and close.
- Upload your profile image to paint.net.
- Resize/crop image to 250px x 250px – .png format.
- Layers > import from file > select Belgian Flag
- Go to > layers > layer properties > select Lighter from drop down options – move cursor to adjust the opacity level so the profile image is visible.
- File > save as > rename this file and save to your pc.
- Upload this image to Facebook profile.
This is a quick and simple way to overlay your Facebook Profile with a flag or any other transparent layer.
Social Media is a powerful platform to